Friday, March 1, 2013

Finally!

We finally have a signed adoption decree. The birth certificates are being made right now. We will hopefully apply for Sara's passport this afternoon.

The last week has been crazy. I can't even begin to describe the emotions and I don't even understand all that went on. I know that this is not the way things usually go but that doesn't surprise me. The important thing is that we will be home next week! (Really, we are just hanging out here waiting for the snow to stop at home.)

I have a list of things I miss about home but this time has been precious. I have gotten to spend the last seven weeks hanging out with the cutest, funniest kid ever. We will never have time like this again. Time with no responsibilities or plans. Time just to hang out.

I can't wait for you all to meet her. My sister asked me if she was everything I expected. I don't think I really had expectations but I love her more than words can express. I just can't get enough of her. She's so cute and funny and smart and sassy and wonderful. I can't wait to see where life takes her.

No comments:

Post a Comment