Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Photo Shoot - Updated

Somewhere in the middle of my adoption journey, I heard of Changing the Face of Beauty.  Here is their general premise (from their website):

We here at Changing the Face of Beauty feel that it is so important for all people to see themselves in advertising and the media.  We believe it is such a key part of true integration and acceptance.  1 in 4 people in our country have a disability.  We feel that is too many people under represented in our media today.

Of course, I loved the idea.  Then, I discovered that the founders are local.  And, that we have mutual friends.  And, that the photographer was doing a Reece's Rainbow photo shoot.  So, I invited myself along and met Katie. 


Some IL RR treasures.  

Fast forward a few months, we are home and Sara wins a photo shoot to model some clothing for Katie's business.  Below is a sneak peak of some of the photos.  While Katie specializes in photography for people with special needs, she also does things like senior pictures, Mommy and Me photos, new born photos.  Anything really.  Everything she does is beautiful.  Check out her galleries.  

And what you've really been waiting for:
This is Katie's daughter Grace.  They were instant friends.  (And, I got to chill with Grace while Sara and Katie worked.  Good deal for me!)











2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Pictures Natalie! Sara is beyond precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to see that you have your beautiful daughter home with you. We thank God for that.

    We donated to your adoption sometime last year through Reeses Rainbow and thought you would make an adorable family. You do.
    May God continue to bless you.

    The Hanson Family

    ReplyDelete