Saturday, March 9, 2013

Trip Home

The dreaded trip home is over and went way better than expected. Sara doesn't really like to wait so our incredibly early arrival to the airport caused a little stress.

Overall, though, she did very well on the plane. Way better than I expected. She spent a lot of timing playing with her headphones and turning off the movie I was trying to watch. She stayed in her seat so I can't really complain.

Everyone in Atlanta was very nice and helpful. I let her run around the immigration office while they processed her paperwork. She'd been sitting so long. I figured she'd either charm them or annoy them. Either way, I hoped it would get us out quickly and she would be America's newest citizen.

We made it to our next gate about 5 minutes before boarding started. Perfect timing since she hates waiting.

We had the whole row to ourselves so I made her lay down as soon as the seatbelt light went out. She slept until we landed. Yay!

Some work friends, another RR family and my small group were there to meet us. My Mom even flew in. Sara was still pretty out of it. She looks scared to death in all the pictures.

Overall, it was a good day. No delays. We got all our luggage. No puking on the plane. A success!







5 comments:

  1. Welcome home! We've been praying for Sara's flight home (among other things) for months. Glad to hear our prayers were answered. It's been so fun to follow your journey to bring Sara home. I'm very happy for you all and glad to have been part of it, even though we have never met. My children and I will continue to pray for you all during this season of transition. Then we'll pick another Reece's Rainbow child to pray home. Thank you for letting my family be a part of yours. If you ever are in the Seattle area, let me know and I'll do what I can to help. Michelle Oberle Haigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINALLY! I'm so glad it went better then expected and so glad I could be here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that last picture of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are home and now the party reallyemeber starts. Reality sets in but you will get your groove and be fine. I will continue to check in and watch you both grow as a family.
    pat

    ReplyDelete