Sunday, March 3, 2013

Potential Travel Plans.

I'm trying not to get too excited about the potential of going home soon. After all, we've thought we were going home before. But, I think it might really happen this time. I want to keep you all updated on the plans as they develop.

Here's the current plan:
•We go tomorrow to apply for her passport. We are planning to apply for an emergency passport so we can pick it up Monday afternoon. If we can't get the emergency passport, we will have to get a regular one and we can pick it up on Tuesday.

•Depending on the passport situation, we will have our visa appointment at the embassy on Tuesday or Wednesday.

•We will hopefully fly home the day after our visa appointment. The exact times depend on the availability of seats at the last minute. There are two flights daily from Bogota to the US. One leaves at midnight and goes to NYC. The other leaves at 10:30 AM and goes to Atlanta. I am praying for open seats on the Atlanta flight.

•All that to say that we really don't know when we will be home. If I get my wish, we will land at Midway on Wednesday at 6:30 PM.

I will continue to update as things fall into place. I miss all of you so much and would love to see people at the airport if you'd like to meet us there. Just remember the "rules" and now that I will probably be an emotional mess and hungry.

2 comments: