Thursday, April 11, 2013

Meet Seraphina's Family!!!

Seraphina's family was revealed on Reece's Rainbow on April 11.  Her new mommy was in process of adopting from Eastern Europe before her country closed.  I can't tell you how happy I am that she chose to continue her adoption with Seraphina.  So happy I'm sitting here with tears running down my face.  Meet Seraphina's mom:


Sarah has always wanted to be a mother, she knew she wanted to adopt and wanted to raise children with special needs. Growing up in a family where she got to witness children come and go through the foster care system, arriving alone, learning to be a part of a family, and leaving to spend the rest of their lives with a new forever family, was such an amazing experience. Even as a teenager, she knew that she wanted to give children that feeling of belonging to a family, when they had none. Now as an adult, she is ready to take that step.
Sarah had been looking into adoption and following waiting children’s stories for quite some time when she first saw and fell in love with a little girl on Reece’s Rainbow. She knew instantly that this little girl was meant to be her daughter and committed to bring her home, but this past January, the country where this little girl was born, closed it’s doors to American adoptions. Sarah still feels committed to that little girl, but acknowledges that God is in control of this journey and after lots of consideration and prayer, she is moving forward to give another child the love of a mother and hopefully, down the road, the joy of a sister. Sarah has fallen in love again, with another sweet girl known as ‘Seraphina’.
Bringing ‘Seraphina’ home is truly a blessing. She will be loved and cherished by everyone who meets her and already holds a very special place in Sarah’s heart. Your prayer and financial contributions towards ‘Seraphina’s’ journey home, is truly appreciated.

If you want to help Seraphina come home, you can make a tax deductible donation here.

You can follow their journey to become a family on her blog.

Stay tuned for future fund raisers!  


As of April 9, 2013, Seraphina has a committed family.  As far as I know, the family is adopting outside of Reece's Rainbow.  I doubt that her mom reads this blog and I won't pretend she found her because of my post but I hope I can find her.  I'd love to connect with her!!  I'm so excited that this little girl is going to have a family so early in life.  

I can't tell you how badly I wish I could put a huge picture of Seraphina here but I can't.  So, I'll let you read her description from Reece's Rainbow:


The baby has developed high social abilities, using gestures, smiling, caressing the persons that will come close to her, calling for attention without creating dependence from adults; she looks straight into the eyes of the people. She grabs objects that are close to her, explores them by putting them into her mouth. She is happy in all her activities (Therapeutic), enjoys music, and concentrates watching cartoon TV programs.
In December, the evaluation diagnosed her with a gross motor development of a 6 months old baby and hypotonic muscle tone. But since she’s been receiving therapy she has evolved positively. She receives speech and language therapy directed to stimulate her to interact and communicate, she begins chewing.
She searches for the people in her visual field, will try to call their attention, loves to be carried, will stretch her arms to that person, loves to watch the animals through the window and will cry when she’s left on the floor again. She sends kisses and loves toys with lights or those that make sounds.

She sounds a lot like a certain someone I know well.  A LOT like her.  She is just 2 years old---the perfect age to join a family.  She's already benefiting from some therapy and would probably thrive with some Early Intervention Services.  I look at where Sara is developmentally and I wonder how she would be doing if she'd been adopted sooner.  For a two-year-old with Down Syndrome and limited stimulation, she is developing so well.
I have seen pictures of her.  She is beautiful!!  Almost as beautiful as Sara.  She would be an amazing addition to a family.  If you've followed the blog and thought, I could do that or I want to do that or I'd like to help someone else do that, now is your chance.  

*Seraphina has $0.00 in her grant currently.  That's where Sara's grant was when I found her.  It would be so encouraging for Seraphina's future family to see an amount there.  If you'd like to make a tax-deductible donation, you can do so here.  
*If you order something during the month of March from my Scarves and Skirts for Sara page, you can choose for 50% of the sale price to go to Seraphina's grant.  
*If you are interested in adopting Seraphina, or another child with special needs, you can find out more at Reece's Rainbow New Family Info page.    The specific requirements to adopt Seraphina's country are:
  • Single parents may adopt
  • No family size restrictions
  • Both parents must travel to the country and stay until completion of adoption — approx 5-7 weeks (one parent may leave after a week or two)
  • Estimated total cost $21,000-24,500
  • Multiple unrelated children may be adopted together

(As a side note, I will do everything I can to help her family.  Fund raise, advocate, encourage, ANYTHING!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment