Friday, August 10, 2012

We Have Submission

After some drama at the Secretary of State's Office and Office Max, the dossier has been submitted. (A lot of my notarizations were done wrong. And, the boy at Office Max had no idea how to send a FedEx.) The dossier should be arriving in Sara's country on Monday--her birthday!

I have no idea how long it will take the country and orphanage to approve it. I am hoping and praying that everything is complete and that they don't ask for more paperwork. The approval could be a quick process or it could drag on for weeks or months. It just depends on a faceless, nameless person in Sara's country who may or may not be in a hurry. Sounds kind of harsh but that's what it feels like from where I'm standing and waiting.

Of course, I am praying that things will move quickly. They have the potential to. However, if I have learned anything in this process, it's that I have no control over anything! So, I will wait for news. And, of course, I will share with all of you whatever I find out. If it's good news, you'll probably hear the cheering where ever you are!

I am waiting for an email from the agency with the details of what I still owe. I think I am a lot closer to being fully funded than I thought I was. (Thank you to all of you for your amazing generosity!) I will be changing the Chip-In on the right side of the blog to reflect the new total that I get from the agency. There are several fund raisers that end in the next few weeks. Check them out here. I'm hoping that if these fund raisers go well, I can do one more auction in September, hear from a grant or two, and be fully funded. Wouldn't that be amazing?

Until then, here's another message from the "friend" who has a "friend" that is in Sara's country:
I asked if they noticed anything else about Sara and she said that her husband noticed that she was carrying a childrens book. Her hair was cut in page, a bit longer one. As from what they could tell she was normal lenght and size.
Again they said they thought she was adorable!
They really hope to be able to take a picture and if it's possible they will try to record a video of her. I really cross my fingers now that they will be able to!

Hmmmm....she likes to eat cookies and carries a book around with her....Is there any doubt that she's my child?

No comments:

Post a Comment