Saturday, May 19, 2012

Tears of Joy

I've said it on here before and I will continue to say it. I am so blessed by all the support and encouragement I've received in this process. A lot of people in my adoption group talk about the resistance, and sometimes ridicule, that they are getting for their choice to adopt a child with special needs. Maybe people are talking about me behind my back but I haven't run into one negative comment (except the blog troll but that doesn't count).

I've spent most of the day gladly filling out grant applications. I will do ANYTHING to get this adoption paid for so that I can get my little girl home (even dog sitting and baby sitting for 3 days). As I've plugged the numbers into every form, I realize that this adoption just isn't financially possible. I've prayed with each application that at least ONE of these agencies would like our story and give us a little money.

I started out with enough to pay for the home study and most of the incidental fees--nowhere near what I would need for this process. I've been continuously brought to tears (I am NOT a crier) by the donations and support I've received from almost everyone in my life. High school friends, college friends, church friends, work friends, my sister's friends, my parents' friends, long-lost relatives, people I don't even know. Just when I think everyone I know has given all they can, someone else steps up. I can't say enough how much I truly appreciate the gifts. TRULY.

I just got off the phone and now I'm in tears again. The last $1,500 I needed for my program fees have been donated--once again by people I don't know. The program fees are supposed to be paid before the USCIS paperwork goes in. Mine goes in on Monday. I've been slowly chipping away at the $7,500 fee and it's such a relief to know it's covered.

There are more fees coming and there will be more hurdles. But, today, I rest in God's goodness, His plan and His timing. I sit with a smile on my face because my daughter and I are loved and blessed by some amazing people.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Hallelujah! PTL! Amazing!
    Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That's incredible!

    ReplyDelete