Saturday, May 19, 2012

Letters to My Daughter - May 2012

Mija,

I've been putting off writing this letter to you because I was starting to feel like I'd never get through this process and you would never come home. So many people kept asking about you and I felt like I had nothing to say. I was still waiting for the home study to be finished and I haven't received any more information about you. It was a little discouraging. Even with all that, some big things have happened for you in the past month. Whether I feel like it or not, each day brings us one day closer to meeting. I dream about that day. I long for it. You are so loved!

Some of my amazing work friends got together last month and threw you a shower. They bought you tons of great toys, books, decorations, clothes. You are well spoiled already. (You are so special that a few of the guys from work showed up for their first ever showers!)
We all love to sit around and talk about what it will be like when you finally get here. People continue to offer to baby sit you, teach you about sports, let you swim in their pool, travel with us.












After the shower, your Tia Anna and Miss Julia came over and helped me unpack and set up your room. Your bedroom is adorable. Every time I walk by it, I long to see you in it. Your play room is coming together too. I just need to get some more shelves for all your toys! (You should probably know that Anna is responsible for all the cuteness. Don't expect that kind of thing from me!)


Sarita, I am amazed at your power to bring people together. There are people that I haven't talked to in years that are watching your story unfold and helping bring you home. There are people that I've never met that are very invested in getting you home as soon as possible. It's a little bit crazy to me how many people love you!

I met with the principal of your school the other day. Your Tia Anna and I went and met the teacher. I could definitely picture you in that class with all those adorable little kids. The teacher speaks Spanish and that makes me feel so much better about sending you off every day.

Last weekend was Mother's Day. It's always a hard day for me. I've wanted to be a mom for so long. While I AM your mom, this year just made me realize how much I want you here with me!!! NOW!! I look forward to celebrating our first Mother's Day together next year.

I've been trying to read as much as I can on your country. I want to help you preserve that heritage. I also want to get as much as possible out of our time together there---even though I hope it will be short.

Today, I finally got the official home study in the mail. This is a HUGE step!! I'm so excited and I wish you were here to celebrate with me. Now, I'm waiting for home land security and immigration to give me permission to bring you into this country. I hope they work quickly and that we'll be together before your birthday! Until then, I promise to keep working and to love you more every day!

Te quiero,
Tu Mami

No comments:

Post a Comment