Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Please pray....because I'm panicking (and changing the date of the Give Away).

I've run into my first real hurdle in the adoption process.

I got a call today from my adoption agency. The director of the adoption agency has given his official ok. I have my physical tomorrow and training on the 23rd and 24th. After those two steps, my home study will be done. It will then go to the state to get approved. After that, it will be official and I can send my paperwork (called the Dossier) to Immigration and the country for approval. Sounds great and it's moving quickly, right? Here's the catch.....

Before I can submit the dossier to the adoption agency, I need to pay the $7,500 country fee. I have some money in my Reece's Rainbow account and some left in my savings but I'm still about $4,000 short. Unfortunately, I can't apply for any no-interest loans or grants until the home study is finished. So, if I wait until the home study is official and then apply for loans or grants, it could be several months before I can send the Dossier. This will keep Sara in an orphanage longer and delay my travel plans into the new school year.

I know that it will all work out in God's timing but I'm a planner and I don't like all this not-knowing stuff.

In light of all this, I'm moving the Give-Away up a few weeks. I'm going to start it on Sunday. Please let me know if you'd like to donate something. I will post all the rules and regulations later.

Thanks for all your support!


  1. Praying, Natalie!!

  2. That's totally not too big for our God! Praying your Sarah home as soon as possible!

  3. Natalie, The Wallins are praying for your new family. Sara is absolutely beautiful and we can't wait to meet her. God Bless!
    Julie Wallin
    "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him". 1 Sam 1:27