Thursday, March 29, 2012

My girl loves to learn!

I got this email today from my adoption agency:


Natalie:

I contacted our lawyer and she told me that Sarita likes everything that has to do with school and learning. She is very interactive and is eager to learn.

She likes a lot of didactic games, but she also likes dolls quite a bit.

Our lawyer also communicated us that the Director of ------- would like to know if you would be willing to support Sarita by enrolling her in a school special for children with Down syndrome. The cost of the school is $125 per month. She is currently attending regular school, but if enrolled in the special school she would be receiving a more personalized attention with a curriculum special to her condition. If you like, I can ask ------ (our lawyer) more details about the school and their curriculum.

Thank you,



My little girl loves to learn! That makes me so happy. I will admit I had to look up didactic games. (I know, what kind of teacher am I?) It basically means games that teach something. I'm hoping she also loves books since she is getting quite the collection.

I'm not sure what to do with the school request. I'm assumming it's legitimate but it makes me a little nervous. I also just don't think I can afford it right now with the adoption costs. It's really encouraging to me that she's in the regular school, though. That gives me a little something to go to my school district with and means she is developing pretty well. It also means school won't be a completely foreign concept to her. How I wish I had a picture of her in her school uniform!

When you're in this position, you cling to the picture you have and the small packet of information you've received. Any new piece of info is encouraging and valuable. This was a great email to receive right now with the frustrations of paper work delays going on. I needed a pick-me-up and got a great one at the perfect time!

1 comment: