Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Coincidences? I don't think so....

I've had so many "what a small world" moments since I started this process. I decided I needed to get some of the written down because they can't all be coincidences.

1. When I first started seriously considering adoption, I inquired about a little girl that was listed on Reece's Rainbow. I was informed that she had an interested family and they suggested I check out Charlotte LA. I instantly fell in love with her and began fully pursuing the adoption process. I honestly didn't give it a second thought. I wondered who Marguerite's family was but didn't ever doubt that Sara was the right one for me.

The day that RR revealed that I had committed to Sara, I got a few emails from people who had been interested in Sara. They all said they were very happy for me and Sara. One said she was just about to officially commit to a little girl from the same country and wanted to know if we could email. I was thrilled to learn that Angie and her husband are adopting Marguerite/Claudia. She wrote a beautiful post about Claudia (her real name) and how they know she is the one for them.

It gets better: Angie and her husband are from Newark, New York. That's right, they live about an hour from my brother. We have already talked about getting our girls together at Christmas time for a play date. It's so nice to have someone going through the same process in the same country. The only thing that would make it better would be if both girls were in the same orphanage. Maybe we'll still end up in the country at the same time.


2. My mother called the other day to tell me that she had friends from college that had a daughter with Down Syndrome. They started Furnace Hills Coffee to give their daughter a place to work. I checked it out on facebook because it sounded like such a great idea. While I was on there, I saw a picture of Anna's mom. (Anna is/was my roommate.) Anna's mom works for an organization called Mission to Ukraine. Furnace Hills Coffee
supports Mission to Ukraine. Small world!

I'm also thankful to say that Furnace Hills is working on a fundraiser for Sara. I'll let you know when I have more details. They are also donating a coffee basket to the give away.


3. I am currently taking grad school classes to get my ESL certification. Ironically, there is a woman in my class that has a daughter at my school. When I first told her about my adoption, she thought I was crazy. She told me she didn't know why anyone would choose that life. Yesterday I went to class and she told me that a friend of hers had just become a grandmother because her daughter had adopted through Reece's Rainbow. I haven't had a chance to contact that family yet but it was amazing to see how much her attitude had changed. I guess if 2 people you know do it, it can't be totally crazy. I can't wait to get a hold of them since they live in the same area I do! And, they brought their daughter home in January so they know there is a light at the end of this crazy tunnel!


Any of these things on their own might be a coincidence but when all happen in a week or two, you have to see it's more than that! God is at work--the explanation is just that easy in my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is a small world & aren't you glad that God is in control?!

    ReplyDelete