Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Much Needed Update---and Much Needed Major Movement

Progress Update:
Things are flying right along!!!! My dossier is almost done.

*I had my psych eval today. I have no idea how long it will take to get written but the doctor was really nice and seemed to understand the urgency.

*My FBI clearance was waiting for me in the mail when I got home last night. I have to send it to a courier to have it appostilled in Washington, DC. I will do that tomorrow. It should take a little over a week for the turn-around.

*My doctor called this afternoon to tell me that my letter was ready. I called this morning to check and ta-da! It's done! I will pick it up tomorrow morning.

*I got my USCIS fingerprints done on June 7th. I should, hopefully, have clearance from them in the next week or two.

All that to say---my dossier could be on it's way to Sara's country by the end of the month!!!

This is HUGE!

It means that I will soon be traveling to get my little girl. There are no words to express how excited I am.

As I was walking through the Houston airport yesterday, I just kept thinking about how the next I'm going through customs there, I will have something to declare---a little girl!

You can check out the rest of the process here.



Financial Update:
I'm waiting to here back from my adoption agency about my travel accommodations and plans in order to better plan a budget.

*As of right now, about $10,000 of the costs have been paid.

*
I have almost $4,000 in my FSP with Reece's Rainbow.

*I have another "grant" promised of $1,500.

*I will be teaching summer school which will give me another $5,000 to put towards upcoming costs.

*This leaves me about $9,500 short of the approximately $30,000 I need for the entire process.

*I have applied for about 8 grants and have only heard back from one. (I wasn't chosen for that one.) Please pray that I will hear favorably from one or two of the grants soon.

*I am planning an online auction for the month of July. Please let me know if you missed out last time and would like to donate something!

You can see my current fundraisers here.

No comments:

Post a Comment