Monday, February 25, 2013

Frustration

There is still no signed adoption decree. I keep being told tomorrow morning, this afternoon, at the end of the work day, tomorrow morning, etc. No progress has been made. I keep getting promises that so and so is going to talk to her and it will be ok. And yet, nothing.

I am beyond frustrated. I passed that point days ago. I feel like I'm being held hostage in a country I don't even like. Each day that passes is costing me significant amounts of money and cutting into the amount of time we have to adjust to real life before I go back to work. If I don't have a signed decree tomorrow, we will spend yet another weekend in this place. All because some woman is on a power trip.

I am physically sick and emotionally exhausted but leaving is not an option and there doesn't seem to be any plan to get us out of here. I'm tired of waiting for phone calls that just say "No news. Keep praying."

There have been countless other delays in this process. While they annoyed me, this is the most ridiculous and hardest to handle. I'm not home with my support system. I don't have anything here to distract me. I can't plan to do anything with my day because I'm waiting for a phone call that says "Come to the courthouse."

There are several kids here that I would love to advocate for. They need families. They deserve families but how can I encourage families to pursue adoption here? I would hate for this to happen to anyone I know.

I've been told that people enjoy the honesty in my blog. Well, there is some honesty for you. The adoption process is not all butterflies and roses. It's a lot of tears and frustrations.

2 comments:

  1. I can only imagine your frustration. 3 weeks wass way too long for me in Russia alone with a toddler. I will pray that you get home soon. Good news is that you probably don't have to worry about bonding so much anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really surprised and saddened that this process has been so terrible. I have to say, I would not adopt from your country either. I simply could not afford to be away this long with no end date in sight. I'm so very sorry for this.

    ReplyDelete