Sunday, September 16, 2018

Miracle of Adoption Christmas Campaign is Coming!

For the last several years, I've participated in Reece's Rainbow's Christmas Campaign.  The goal of the campaign is to raise $1,000 for a chosen child's grant and to do everything you can to get their face out there and hopefully find them a family.

In 2013 and 2014, I advocated and fund raised for Kimberley.  Sadly, her country has closed to US adoptions.


In 2015, I decided not to participate because we had just moved and I was beyond stressed with my new job.  I was really missed it and wished I had made the effort.

In 2016, I picked Andre.  He was just a little chunk of a baby waiting for a family in Colombia.
Now he's home, thriving, going to school, getting the medical care he desperately needed and being loved every day.


In 2017, I picked Lianne but then found out she was being adopted to Italy so I changed to AJ.  He now has a family who loves him dearly and are working to bring him home as soon as possible.

So, now I'm gearing up for 2018.  I was informed today that any child 5 and under can be a part of the campaign.  So, I'm rethinking my choice and planning and plotting my fundraisers.  I'll let you know who I picked as soon as it's official.  (Although the choices for kids 5 and under in Latin America are pretty limited.)  

But, I also want you to consider participating.  I know $1,000 sounds like a lot but it's doable.  And, if you don't get there, that's ok too!!  The most important thing is getting kids faces out there!  You never know who might see them and decide they should be part of their family.  I certainly never thought my childhood friend would end up adopting Andre and that her teaching friend would adopt AJ.  You just never know!  

*If you think you might adopt someday, this is a great way to get your feet wet with fund raising and find out what works and doesn't.

*If you think it might be fun but aren't sure if you can do it, there is a facebook group that provides support for everyone participating.  There is also a group just to promote fund raisers.  And, I'll gladly help you with ideas and marketing.  You don't have to be super crafty or creative.  You just have to find a niche item that will sell.  Pinterest has a million ideas.

*You can always grab a friend or two or a group to help.  Last year, I did a dress down day at work with a raffle and made more than half of the goal that way.  People want to help kids.  People want to support you and your efforts.  You just have to ask!  

*If you don't want to choose your own child but you want to help me share fund raisers or host fund raisers (maybe you have a great idea or your own business), just let me know!!  I'll always take some extra help.

Check out all the kids on Reece's Rainbow that are five and under and see if one of them tugs at your heart strings.  Sign Ups will be at the end of the month.  

Boys 0-2 with Down Syndrome Here

Boys 3-5 with Down Syndrome Here



No comments:

Post a Comment