Sunday, May 6, 2018

My Why

If you've been around me on social media for any length of time, you know that I post.  A lot.  I know that.  I always have some new fund raising idea or side hustle.  Some of you may wonder why you still follow me at all. 

I post about Plexus.





Sometimes I even post about what other people are selling or doing.

Basically, it probably looks like I'm always trying to raise money one way or another.  

But hang with me! 

I also post teaching memes.  (Because I can't post actual stories about teaching.)

And about my annual trip to Mexico and our other travels.

A little bit about farm life.  

And I mix it all up with Sara stories and pictures and videos.

But I post everything I do for a reason.  And the reason all leads back to this girl.


This girl is my why.  

I post about Plexus because being healthy makes me a better mom to her.

And Color Street because I'm committed to raising money for adopting families and waiting children while getting our little family into a position where we can live debt free and I can plan for her financial future.

And my knitting business because I love knitting and helping others where I can with the money I make.

And waiting kids because every child deserves a family just as much as she does.

And adopting families because so many people helped me get this little girl home.  I will always be indebted to them for helping me create my little family.  I strive to provide that kind of encouragement to other families.  

Sometimes I even post about what other people are selling or doing because I want to encourage others who have a heart to help those less fortunate.

Basically, it probably looks like I'm always trying to raise money one way or another.  Because I am.  If I can find a product that you need/want/will buy anyway, why not let you know that you can your purchase can help others and not just a big company?

But hang with me! 

I also post teaching memes.  (Because I can't post actual stories about teaching.)  I wish I could share more of my actual teaching stories.  Teaching is such a big part of who I am and what I do.  My love for my students is what made me decide to adopt a child with Down syndrome.  

And about my annual trip to Mexico and our other travels because I firmly believe that live was not meant to be lived in one place.  There is so much out there to see and experience.

A little bit about farm life because who doesn't want to know about baby goats?

And I mix it all up with Sara stories and pictures and videos because she is my why.  I strive to keep it real.  Not every day is a picnic.  Some are just hard.  But in between those rough moments are the hilarious, sassy, funny moments with my girl that make this life all worth it.  

But I post everything I do for a reason.  And the reason all leads back to this girl.




No comments:

Post a Comment