Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Crisis is Real

I'm not really one to write about "the orphan crisis."  I don't usually give statistics or numbers about the number of orphans versus the number of Christians in America.  I don't encourage everyone to adopt.  I don't get into the politics of agencies or ministries or countries.  I just don't choose to spend my time that way.


But today, my heart is broken.  Today, I want you to know that the orphan crisis is real.  I don't know how big it is.  I don't know how to fix it.  I realize that my adoption did not fix the overall problem.  (It did change one little's girls world.)  I can't fix it.  But I do know this:


Today, in a country not so far away, a 3-year-old little girl died.  I don't know how.  I don't know why.  I do know that she died without ever having the love of a mother.  She died an orphan.


She was not in a neglectful third-world country.  She was not in a horrible mental institution.    She does have a heart-breaking story.   She, like every child, deserved the love and security of a family.  


She will be mourned.  There were many of us that loved her from afar.  Unfortunately, none of us were in a position to make her our daughter in time.  Please pray for those who loved her both in person and through pictures and stories.  Our hearts are broken.  

No comments:

Post a Comment