Monday, August 5, 2013

July Journey - Part 2 - Camping in Maine

My Dad's entire family is in Maine.  My sister, brother, and I were all born there.  Some of my dad's family have been super supportive of Sara and her adoption.  So, a bunch of us loaded into my parents' RV and headed to Maine for a week.


Traveling is exhausting.  

Massachusetts.  Cut me some slack.  It was late!

Sick of traveling.



Listening to music with my dad while waiting for my sister to fly in.

Sara with my great aunt and uncle.  It made me realize how much she would have loved my grandfather.


Rob loves taking care of her and helping her out.  Unfortunately, she doesn't always want to be cared for.  She's kind of independent.

She loves her Tia!

Checking out the Atlantic Ocean.

The view from our campsite.

She loves her grandpa.

This was her favorite activity any time Janelle was in the loft.  I was convinced she was going to go through the windshield.  

My Aunt Kathy gave her this adorable purse.  She loves it!



We rode a train from Belfast to Waldo.  Sara and Rob loved it!  She even got brave enough to stand up for a while.  

And this is why I got NO sleep all week.

Belfast, ME

This is how we "camp."  In an air-conditioned RV with electricity.  

If Sara couldn't get an adult to share their phone, she played on the GPS like it was a phone.  Messed the settings all up.

My aunt hosted a picnic.  (I think it was actually my uncle's retirement party.)  Sara got to meet most of my cousins, aunts, and uncles all at once!  She charmed them all, of course.

Making S'mores with my cousin's daughter.


She refuses to sit in her little pink chair.  She finds the biggest chairs she can find and then men are all too charmed by her to kick her out.


Dragging my cousin around by his wallet chain.

Chilling with my cousin Jason.

In the ADORABLE sweater my aunt made her.  I can't wait for it to be cold enough for her to wear it.

Chatting with Aunt Kathy---one of her biggest fans and supporters.  Aunt Kathy has reposted so many pictures of Sara that she was recognized by a group of older men hanging out at a Dunkin Donuts in Belfast.  She's famous every where!  


She loved having big girls to play with.

My grandmother.  You have to sneak pictures of her because she won't pose.

Right in the middle of the action.



It's not a trip to Maine without some yummy seafood!



Newington, NH.  Did you know you can camp overnight in Walmart parking lots?

Breakfast with Tia and Nana.

There's something about Maine that always feels like going home.  It was so nice to see Sara accepted and loved by my extended family.  People I don't even know were excited to meet her.  This little girl has charmed her way into the hearts of many!  


2 comments:

  1. We loved having you guys visit - Sara is a bit of a celebrity around here!!
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete