Sunday, August 4, 2013

July Journey - Part 1

Sara and I went on an EPIC road trip during July.  Three weeks.  8 states.  Thousands of miles.  Countless hours.

Our journey started on a Friday.  We left our house as soon as Sara got home from summer school.  I had the car strategically packed and incredibly full!


We stopped in Indy and had dinner with Tia Anna and her sister.  When we pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant, Sara piped up with "Yummy!  Yummy!  Yummy!"  Apparently she was hungry.  (She now says that at every restaurant and gas station she sees.)


We went on from there to spend the weekend in Cincy with my friend Jamie.  I hadn't actually met Jamie in person but we had met in a Reece's Rainbow group and I knew we'd be instant friends.  We have spent many evenings messaging back and forth about behaviors and adoption.  She is one of the few people that I don't work with that actually understands my job.  She adopted her son the same time that I was adopting Sara and I was dying to meet him!


We had a great weekend of swimming, eating, the zoo, mommy shopping, chatting, and just relaxing.  



I had hoped to betroth Sara to Eli but she was definitely more interested in Thomas.





I love this kid!  Why wouldn't I want my daughter to marry him?



We left early on a Monday morning and stopped in Colombus for breakfast with my college roommate.  I'm bummed that we didn't get a picture together!  

Sara doesn't really like to eat in restaurants.  She prefers to eat in the car.  Even if it is chocolate chip pancakes.

Sara road trips like a champ.  She's even learning some life skills this summer.  




We spent about 24 hours in NY before embarking on Phase 2 of our trip to Maine in an RV.  Sara got her very first Slurpee from 7-11 while we were there.  She was NOT impressed.

Check back for Phase 2 pics soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment