Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Strike

We had our integration meeting this morning. Basically, we met with a psychologist and decided that we make a good family and we can file for adoption.

As we were leaving, we ran into the lawyer. She said she wanted to wait a day or two to file our case because there are rumblings of a strike. Again. Yes. Those same judges may strike again.

Scenario 1: they file my paperwork today. The judges go on strike tomorrow. My paperwork is stuck somewhere and we can't get it back. We ride out the strike in Bogota. This would be a very long and expensive options. Hotels aren't cheap and I will run out of sick time.

Scenario 2: they file my paperwork at the end of the day tomorrow. The judges don't strike. I get approval in 3 to 5 weeks. This is the usual process. We are home as planned.

Scenario 3: the judges go on strike before my paperwork is filed. My paperwork will then be filed in a contingency court. I will get approval in 1 to 2 weeks. We will be home sooner than planned.

Selfishly,I would like scenario 3. I really want to go home. Unfortunately, that would be really bad for everyone I know whose paperwork has already been filed.

I'd be ok with scenario 2. That's what I expected.

I fear scenario 1.

1 comment:

  1. WHY??? #3 would be great!! Did you ask about the shoes at bedtime?

    ReplyDelete