Thursday, January 24, 2013

And now we wait and pray

We had her physical today for the US Embassy. She passed with flying colors. He said she was the healthiest child with DS he'd ever seen. She just needed one vaccine. I hated it. She barely flinched.

Our paperwork has been submitted to the court. The lawyer takes care of the whole process. I only have to go to sign the final paperwork. We didn't get assigned to the infamously "bad" court so that's a good sign. All we can do now is wait and pray. Pray that each person who has a step jn the process will work quickly. I've enjoyed my time here but I wouldn't mind going home sooner, rather than later. Please pray.

Until then, I'm enjoying getting to know this amazing little girl. She has so many facets. She's sweet and loving. She's sassy and spunky. She's quiet and pensive. She's loud and destructive. No matter what mood she's in, she wants to learn. She's determined to tie my shoes. She's convinced she's reading. She's less scared of the dog every day. I love watching her grow and change. I can't wait to get her home and into real life.

Again, please pray. There are lots of steps to the court process. I know it will take time. I'd just like it to take as little time as possible.








1 comment: