Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Zoo!

One of my friends at work has a season's pass to the zoo.  It was beautiful on Sunday so we took our kids at spent a few hours at the zoo.  I'm chaperoning a field trip to the zoo for Sara's class tomorrow.  I'm glad we got to check it out first and I got to get a read on how it would go.

This is her reaction to the announcement that we were going to the zoo.  I seriously don't think she knew what the zoo was.  I think she just heard "going."  

Checking out the frogs.  

Mr. Brian wouldn't let her climb over the wall and swim with the sea lions.  She's telling him what she thinks about that.  

It's probably safer if we hold her lower.  

I realized that pretty much all zoo pictures are from behind.  

One of the very few times she was actually in the stroller.  

We were always trying to get her to stand one rung down from where she wanted to be.  

Agua

Stop climbing the fences!

She really liked the zoo.  She didn't wear her glasses but seemed to be seeing all the animals.  She would look around and then point and declare "wow-wow."  There is no convincing her that all animals are not dogs.  She was petrified of a statue of a walrus and refused to eat lunch.  Overall, it was a great day.  She was asleep before we got out to the main road to get home.  

It's going to be a great summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment