Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lots of Details

I keep thinking that I'm really organized in this process but then I spend one night a week re-organizing all the paperwork. I'm determined to keep this process moving from my end as much as I can.

Tomorrow, it's a short day at work. This NEVER happens. The timing is amazing, though, because I need to get my fingerprints done. For some weird reason, it's more expensive for me to get the paperwork reprinted than it is to get the fingerprints redone. So, off I go to get my fingerprints, even though I'm a teacher with all kinds of background checks and clearance.

I knew that adoption was very expensive. I didn't know that it would come in $50 increments. So far, I've written checks for 2 applications, 2 official birth certificates and finger prints. Maybe I should have ordered some checks before all this process started.

I'm still waiting for all the pieces to come together for Reece's Rainbow. I can't wait to see my daughter posted under "New Commitments" on their website. All in good time.... Paperwork break is over. Back to the grind.

2 comments:

  1. I can't begin to tell you how much of an inspiration you have been to me over the years!!! I have so enjoyed watching your journey since college, with your time spent in Mexico, etc. I can't believe that I didn't know that 3 of your siblings were adopted! I will most definitely be praying continually for you & this process! You are a life & world changer!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Leah. Sometimes, I sit back and wonder how I got here but I wouldn't change any of it. Can't wait to see where your next steps take you.

    ReplyDelete